Manuals and instructions for Admins
Highspeed Education > Manuals and instructions for Admins
Most of the needed tools and pages for Admins are listed in Special:SpecialPages
Users and rights
List of users and rights
Highspeed Wiki has six user groups:
- (all) – applies to every visitor to your site, including those who do not log in
- Users – applies to all logged-in users
- Autoconfirmed users – applies to all logged-in users who meet certain thresholds
- Bots – can be assigned to bots, in order to allow users to hide bot edits from recent changes or watchlists
- Administrators – can be assigned to trusted users, giving them permission to perform key administrative tasks such as deletion, user blocking, page protection, and editing the interface
- Bureaucrats – can be assigned to trusted users, giving them permission to assign/revoke user groups
The first three groups are "implicit" groups, which are assigned to users automatically as required. Only the last three groups can be manually assigned or revoked.
The Special:ListGroupRights special page lists the user groups that exist on a wiki, and lists the rights that are assigned to those groups
NOTE! Only Users with a confirmed email address are allowed to edit Highspeed Wiki pages.
Making trusted person Bureaucrat or Administrator
Go to Special:UserRights. Write a trusted person's username and give additional user rights.
You need to have Bureaucrat or Administrator rights to give additional rights to users.
Useful manuals and handbooks
Overall manual for Administrator tools:
Great handbook on how to handle Admin situations:
MediaWiki's help page about sysops and permissions: